Reduce Snoring Today With RIPsnore™
As you may well know, there are a number of different options available out there when it comes to stop snoring devices. Some of the most popular are known as an anti-snoring mouthpiece. On this page, we are going to take a little look at just what one of those are.
It is worth noting at this stage that you should only look into purchasing an anti-snoring mouthpiece if your snoring noises are coming from your mouth. If you snore through your nose, these solutions are not going to work.
Perhaps the most popular anti-snoring mouthpiece is the vestibular shield. This shield is very much like a mouth guard. The main job of the vestibular shield is to stop airflow in and out of the mouth. By doing this, you will need to start breathing through your nose. For the vast majority of people who suffer from oral snoring issues, this should be more than enough to get rid of the problem once and for all.
In some cases i.e. if your snoring is caused by your tongue vibrating, you may want to look into a mandibular advancement device. This device works in much the same way as the other anti snoring mouthpiece i.e. it looks like a mouth guard. However, its purpose is different. The MAD device will increase the amount of space at the back of your throat and will increase the size of your airway. This will stop your tongue from vibrating as you breathe in and out. This will ultimately either decrease the noise or get rid of it altogether.
What Are Some Reduce Snoring Products That Work
Whilst we would absolutely love to make a list of stop snoring products that work, this is going to be nigh on impossible. You see, whilst there are a number of different options there that you can use, it is all going to come down to what is actually causing the snoring in the first place. A method which may be brilliant for one person may not necessarily be as good for another person. That being said, we are going to highlight a few different effective options on this page.
If you are suffering from snoring issues due to a blocked sinus or allergy then you do not need anything special. This is a temporary issue. Stop snoring products that may work for you will, simply, be medication and the like. You can pick this up at your local pharmacist.
If the snoring issues are down to your nose, you may want to look into anti-snoring devices for the nose. Perhaps the cheapest, and some may say the most effective solution, will be nasal strips. These are placed across the nose and will effectively hold the nostrils open whilst you sleep. This will reduce the sound of your snoring. You can also opt for special nose rings which do the same job. Some people may find them a tad irritating to wear at the start, however.
If you are suffering from mouth snoring, a chin strap will be the best solution. It will hold your mouth shut, forcing you to breathe through your nose. In most cases, this is all that is needed to stop your snoring completely.
Surgery To Reduce Snoring?
Before you get all worried, you should be aware that it is very rare that to reduce snoring, surgery will be required. In the vast majority of cases, snoring can be dealt with using natural methods or over-the-counter methods available from your pharmacy. That being said, if you have exhausted all over options, snoring surgery will very quickly become real possibility. On this page, we are going to take a little look at some of the most common surgical methods used:
- Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty, or UPPP for short. This surgery is performed if it is the soft tissue in your mouth which is leading to the snoring. This does not include the tongue. This surgery method will remove the tissue which is causing the issue. This can include the removal of the tonsils or the uvula. It is quite a painful surgery and is often performed as a last resort.
- Uvulopalatoplasty, or UP for short. This is much the same as UPPP, albeit is performed using lasers instead. It is a less-painful method but there is some evidence to suggest that it is not anywhere near as effective as UPP.
- Soft palate implants are injected into the palate of your mouth. This will harden up the tissue and stop it from vibrating.
- Radiofrequency ablation: This will also help to stiffen up the palate in your mouth. It is a quicker and safer procedure that soft palate implants and it is said that it is going to be a great deal more effective for most people too.
Here Are Some Useful Remedies To Reduce Snoring
If you want to reduce snoring, you have a pretty decent selection out there to choose from. It may take a while to find one that is perfect for you, but sooner or later you will stumble across a few snoring remedies which work for you. On this page, we are going to take a little look at the best natural methods to stop snoring:
- Humidify your room: Many people will find that their snoring is caused by incredibly dry air. This is because a dry environment will lead to your throat drying out and thus restrict air movement. Installing even the simplest of humidifiers into your room can work absolute wonders when it comes to reducing the symptoms of your snoring.
- If you are overweight, dry to lose weight. For many people, this is one of the best natural snoring remedies out there. Extra weight will lead to bigger and heavier tissues in your throat which will greatly increase the noise that your snoring creates.
- Try to raise your head a little bit further up from the pillow. A good extra four inches will work wonders. You can always use some extra pillows but some people find that this is one of the snoring remedies which does not work for them, particularly when the pillows are too soft. Instead, add some decent blocks of wood, or maybe even some books, under the pillows that you are using.
- Ensure that the room is cleaning. Dust particles can cause allergies to start and this will, of course, lead to intense snoring.